Monday 5 March 2012

Welcome

First of all: Welcome to my blog.

What is this blog going to be about?
This is going to a blog focusing on the rise of the movement often known as the Native Sovereignty Movement. Though it does go by other names, I will be using this one most commonly. 
An image from a PBS series about the importance of Native Americans in American history
I want to cover the history, the protests, the news coverage, the arguments for and against this movement, and I want to cover it in a fashion that makes it easier for everyone to understand.

I personally am a native student though I have grown up off-reserve and I hope that this project will help connect me to my culture and my rights. That being said, I will try to make sure my personal bias does not mean that I am posting only material agreeing with my personal opinion. Every social movement has at least two sides and both do have valid ideas so I will try not to be biased in my presentation of these ideas.

This blog is the final project of my 200 level Introduction to Social and Cultural Anthropology wherein we are to investigate a social movement( a term I will define in my next post) and make our research and findings available to the public. This means that if at any point I say something you do not agree with or have a source that you think would help with my topic, please feel free to either leave the link in the comments or email it to me. I will try to update at least twice a week so please do keep an eye on my blog, whether you are very knowledgeable in this area or want to find out more, hopefully I will have something new for everyone to learn.


I will be using information, photos and pictures from other groups. I will be using these under the Fair Use Guidelines for Educational Multimedia under
"2.1 By Students:
Students may incorporate portions of lawfully acquired copyrighted works when producing their own educational multimedia projects for a specific course"( http://www.adec.edu/admin/papers/fair10-17.html).
Guidelines can be found at this site. If I make a mistake in citing or linking, please let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment